Click here to fill out the Application Form
Garden Steward (30-40 hours)
We are looking for a fine gardener to join our team!
We are based in Kenmore and service clients mostly on the Eastside ranging from Mercer Island to Woodinville, plus a few in Seattle as well. We take pride on holistic and organic garden stewardship with emphasis on pruning plants the right way at the right time. We focus on seasonal containers in spring and fall. We do not mow nor provide lawn maintenance services. Being a small company, we look for the best fit as we all work closely together and work hard.
Required – A background in horticulture and a comprehensive knowledge of landscape plants, best practices for planting, pruning, fertilizing and soil health.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in a similar job desired. If less, then we can train on the job if the person is a good fit on other aspects.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions in physically active tasks that includes bending, kneeling, digging, lifting, etc.
- Ability to take direction, be self-sufficient, detail oriented, work quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to lift 25-50lbs if needed (think planting compost bales).
- Good communication skills, customer service and social skills.
- Own transportation to and from the jobsites plus clean driver’s license. A positive attitude and punctual.
- Good recordkeeping and organizational skills. Must be willing to learn and use Asana for detailed jobsite notes.
We do train on the job. After 1 year of service, company sponsored CPH exam / Eco-Pro exam / Master Pruner program and other educational workshops. After 2 years, retirement benefits are available. Compensation: $21-$25, DOE.